Whatever field our clients work in, be it design, reverse engineering or medicine, we at Artec want to make sure our scanners help them succeed in what they do. No tech glitch should cause their projects to stall or be delayed. With that in mind, we are introducing a new service, Artec Hot Swap, enabling the user to get a loaner in the shortest time possible in case their scanner needs to be sent away for repairs. As part of the service, Artec also commits to covering all shipping expenses to/from our service centre.
Hot Swap is not unlike to an insurance plan, with the annual premium being USD 2,000. To help the customer save on contract renewal, we offer longer term Hot Swap plans:
- Contract for 2 years – USD 3,000 (save $1,000)
- Contract for 3 years – USD 4,000 (save $2,000)
- Contract for 4 years – USD 5,000 (save $3,000)
The price includes a free loaner, which stays with the customer for the whole period while their scanner is unavailable. We provide the loaner before the scanner under contract is shipped to us for repairs and we take it back only after the scanner has been fixed and returned to the customer in perfect working condition.
The Hot Swap service is available for scanners that are up to four years old. Only scanners in the existing product line are eligible for the service.
The standard warranty for 3D scanners is 2 years. An additional 3rd year can be purchased for USD 4800.
A discount is available for educational institutions. For Artec 3D’s terms & conditions, please read the Educational Package Policy
Artec Studio scanning and post-processing software licenses are available in two options:
- Perpetual ‘lifetime’ license (never expires) but gets no annual updates or productivity enhancements (EG will always be Artec 12).
- Subscription ‘annual’ license which expires and stops working after 12 months. Users gain access to updates and enhancements upon renewal. For the subscription option, users can purchase one single year or five years at a time.
Professional users may purchase one single license or packs of 3. Educational users can purchase the same but also have the option of 20 licenses.